Are you or your child worried about their weight?
The Healthy Lifestyles family support programme is designed to support parents help their child grow into a healthier weight.
Whilst nutritional and physical activity improvements are made, weight loss may naturally occur. However, our aim is to educated families around nutrition and lifestyle and how parents can make healthier sustainable choices for their child’s future.
Your practitioner will support you with these changes by covering a variety of topics such as:
- portion control
- food labels
- physical activity
- role modelling
- goal setting and rewards.
If you would like a chat with an adviser to see if our service is what you are looking for please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: that our Healthy Lifestyle Advisors and Practitioners are not clinically trained and offer healthy lifestyle advice and support only.
The following sites my help you get started but should you find you need some additional support please contact the Healthy Lifestyles team to arrange an appointment.
- Visit the NHS website to check your body mass index (BMI) by using the BMI healthy weight calculator.
- Visit the Change4Life website to discover sugar swaps, healthy recipes, nutritional advice and top tips and activities to help your kids stay healthy.
- Visit the NHS website for advice on how to help your children stay a healthy size as they grow.
- Visit the Infant & Toddler Forum website for a guide on how much food to offer your 1 - 4 year olds.
- Visit the BEAM website to find emotional health and well-being service for young people under 25 years old who are registered with a GP in Shropshire, Telford or Wrekin.
- Visit the Mums Matter website to find their perinatal mental health service designed and developed by mums for mums.
For more information on daily health messages and what is going on throughout the borough to improve the health of our residents check out our social pages:
How do I access this service?
Telephone: 01952 382582
Last updated: 19/04/2022 12:06