Communal weekly food waste recycling information
Each household receives a kitchen caddy for their food waste. Each communal area will have a silver top wheelie bin in which to place food waste from their kitchen caddy, there is a small lid covering the hatch where you can deposit your food waste, this ensures no flies can get inside the food wheelie bin and helps contain any smell. The silver top wheelie bin will be emptied weekly and returned to the communal area.
If you need more compostable liners or replacement kitchen caddies, you can order these online, using the link below. You will need to select 'Flat' as your property type from the list and the option to request replacement liners will then appear.
Plastic bags cannot be used as caddy liners or to transport your food waste.
Please ensure all food waste is placed inside the silver top wheelie bin and no bagged food waste is left outside the bin.
How to use the food waste containers
- Line your kitchen caddy with the compostable bag supplied or you can use kitchen towels/newspaper.
- When your kitchen caddy is full, transfer the contents into the outside communal silver top wheelie bin.
- We would recommend that you don't overfill your kitchen caddy liners as you may struggle to fit them into the hatch on the silver top wheelie bin.
- If you don't have space to store your indoor caddy, you can put your food waste directly into the silver top wheelie bin, please do not put food waste in plastic bags.
- When you need more compostable bags you can order more online using the link below.
Last updated: 18/05/2021 14:25