Due to maintenance work on MyTelford the Report it and Request it forms are currently unavailable via the mobile app and website

If you need to report an urgent issue then please contact the Customer Contact Centre on 01952 384384. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect service to resume as soon as possible.

Applying to temporarily switch off permanent traffic signals

An approved switch off / switch on application gives permission for an applicant to temporarily switch off permanent traffic signals during works for example at a pedestrian crossing or at a junction. 

Complete our online switch off / switch on application form

Please note: completed application forms should be sent by email to streetworks@telford.gov.uk.

All administrative costs and associated signing will have to be met by the person or organisation requesting the switch off / switch on. Only approved Telford & Wrekin Council employees or contractors are permitted to carry out any work associated with the traffic signals equipment including accessing the control panel.

Tacit consent

Please be aware that the Council may not approve a switch off / switch on application form. For this reason it is recommended that you contact us to check if the activity will be able to go ahead if you have not heard back from the local authority within 10 working days of making your application.

Last updated: 16/09/2022 15:41

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact