We will only agree to a highway closure if no other feasible solution can be found. You will not be granted a temporary highway closure to locate site accommodation or store materials on the highway.
You must ensure that delays are minimised and whenever practical you must:
- maximise the working day e.g. working 24 hours/7 days a week
- avoid closing the road at peak times
- use traffic control to create lane closures rather than full road closures
- use a suitable diversion route.
Please ensure that you have downloaded and read the guidance notes fully before you begin the application forms.
Application forms for a highway closure for works on the highway:
- download the pre application checklist
- download the road closure guidance notes
- complete our online form to close a public highway
- download the highways closure application form
- download the documentation checklist
- download the sign schedule
- download the example diversion plan.
We will aim to respond to your application within 10 working days. If you have not had a response within this time, please contact us.
If the development is to involve noisy construction works for a prolonged period the applicant is also requested to contact Environmental Protection to discuss the nature of the construction phase. The reasoning behind this is to establish a site contact and discuss appropriate working etc.
Environmental Protection team
Neighbourhood and Enforcement Services
Telephone: 01952 381818
Last updated: 05/09/2022 11:08