Essential maintenance to My Telford and the My Telford app

From Friday 22 September 2023 to Monday 25 September 2023, there will be disruption to all online services accessed through My Telford and the My Telford app. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Applying for a closure on the highway

Sometimes activity on the highway requires a road to be closed temporarily to general traffic. Such closures require a Traffic Regulation Order issued by the highway authority.

Please note: 'Highway' is a road, verge, footway, public footpath or bridleway.

All administrative costs for closure and diversion signing will have to be met by the person or organisation requesting the closure.

Please be aware that the Council may not grant a closure order. For this reason it is recommended that you contact us to check that the event will be able to go ahead before it is publicised.

As there is a legal and consultative process to be undertaken, at least twelve weeks notice of closure is required (longer on bus routes).

View further information on the types of closures and how to apply using the following links:

Last updated: 15/08/2022 10:41

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact