Telford and Wrekin Strategic Armed Forces Covenant Partnership Board
Telford & Wrekin Council, as a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant (AFC), has established a Strategic AFC Partnership Board which provides strategic governance, and direction, on the delivery of our commitments within the Armed Forces Covenant. The Partnership Board, chaired by Councillor Chris Turley (Telford and Wrekin Armed Forces Champion) includes the following organisations:
- Telford & Wrekin Council
- Wrekin Housing Trust
- Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust - NHS
- Citizens Advice Telford and Wrekin
- Lanyon and Bowdler Solicitors
- Walking With The Wounded
- Clinical Commissioning Group - NHS
- Ministry of Defence
- Help for Heroes
- YSS Remember Veterans Project
- The Royal British Legion
- The British Red Cross
- Shropshire and Telford Health Trust
- Telford Mind
- Age UK Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
- Telford Carers
- Energize Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
- Ball Sports Coaching
- Church of the Latter Day Saints
- Pete White Consulting
- Smallwoods Association
- Shropshire and Telford Armed Forces Veterans Breakfast Clubs
- Regional Employer and Engagement Director, West Midlands Reserve Forces' and Cadet Association
- Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA).
- Combat Stress
- Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
If you have any questions or would like to become part of the Partnership, and assist in achieving its aims and objectives, please contact the Armed Forces Covenant Co-ordinator on 01952 384772 or email email@example.com.
Joint Armed Forces Needs Assessment Task and Finish Group - Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation that those who Serve or have Served in the Armed Forces and their families will not be disadvantaged by their service and that they will be treated fairly. Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council are signatories to the Covenant and both Local Authorities (LA’s) have established Strategic AFC Partnership Boards (SAFCPBs).
The SAFCPBs identified the requirement to undertake a Joint Armed Forces Needs Assessment (JAFNA), within their Action Plans, to fully understand the Armed Forces community across the Shropshire/Telford and Wrekin area. A Task & Finish Group was established to undertake the JAFNA which was the first such assessment within the County. In doing so, the JAFNA attempted to define a new baseline of County wide understanding, establish the value of further thematic reviews and identify how ongoing assessment of the Armed Forces community could be sustainably incorporated into business as usual across the two Local Authorities.
The scope of the JAFNA covered the Armed Forces community across Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin. The Assessment considered local implications of national research and evidence in relation to key Covenant commitments and areas of need identified. The experience of the Armed Forces community was considered in relation:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Education and Children’s care
- Housing; Employment and Training
- The Criminal Justice System and
- Transition and Specialist Support.
These are areas prioritised within the UK Armed Forces Families Strategy 2016 - 2020 as necessary for ensuring the Armed Forces Community have everything they need to thrive within society. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 08/07/2022 08:22