Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Adult safeguarding

If you are worried about a vulnerable person who lives in the Telford and Wrekin area being abused or neglected by other people, please say something.

If you suspect that a vulnerable person is being abused or neglected, please report this via:

Please note if it is a serious matter or an emergency, always ring 999.

  • Family Connect (Option 3)
    Telephone: 01952 385385 (when prompted please select option 3)
    Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm
  • Emergency Duty team
    Telephone: 01952 676500
    Monday to Sunday after 5pm
  • West Mercia Police
    Telephone: 0300 333 3000 or 101.

Sometimes people are afraid to speak up and report abuse. This maybe because they will get someone into trouble, might have got it wrong or cause more distress. All safeguarding concerns are responded to sensitively and focus on safeguarding and getting it right for the person concerned.

If you report abuse to us we will:

  • find out more about what is going on with the person at risk and what they want
  • work together with the person themselves and with other professional colleagues in the police and health service to try to reduce the level of risk
  • make every effort using all available legal means to find ways of reducing risk and increasing people’s safety
  • learn from everything that happens to make our work and our processes more effective in the future.

Making safeguarding personal:

  • this means putting the person at the centre of everything we do during the safeguarding process from the initial contact to the very end.

Last updated: 12/10/2022 13:00

  1. Safeguarding adults in Telford
  2. How to report abuse