Get on your bike with Shropshire Cycle Hub
Want to get back on your bike? Then the KOG Community Cycle Project is perfect for you. If you live in Ketley Bank, Oakengates or St Georges, during August and September Shropshire Cycle Hub will help you to get cycling, whether it's for cheap transport from A to B, get fitter, or just for fun.
Free Community Cycling Events
There are some free Community Cycling Events where you can ask experienced staff and volunteers from the Shropshire Cycle Hub about all things cycling, learn new routes to get where you need to be, or get advice on buying a safe second hand bike. Qualified mechanics will help you get your bike back on the road and teach you basic bike maintenance skills too.
Here are the details of the FREE Community Cycling Events:
- The Wakes, Theatre Square, TF2 6EP
- Wednesday 16 August 2023, 2 – 5pm
- Saturday 19 August 2023, 10am - 2pm
- Saturday 16 September 2023 as part of Oakengates High Street celebrations.
- St George’s Sports and Social Club, Church Street, TF2 9LU
- Wednesday 23 August 2023, 2 – 5pm
- Saturday 26 August 2023, 10am – 2pm.
- Ketley Bank Playing Fields, Off Bank Way, TF2 0EB
- Saturday 2 September 2023, 10am – 2pm.
No need to book - just turn up, but to find out more contact our Community Cycling Advice team via KOG@shropshirecyclehub.uk or call 07485212320.
Free group led rides
Free group led rides are also on offer for social cycling and to help people gain confidence and learn new routes. They will be led by a qualified instructor who can help out with any questions before you start – remind you of the basics such as how to change gears or put your chain back on, and how to check your bike is safe before heading off. Please click on the link to the application form below to join in.
Below are the dates and times of the free group cycle rides – led by a cycling instructor:
- Saturday 2 September 2023, 10am - 12noon, departing from St George’s
- Monday 4 September 2023, 5pm - 7pm, departing from Oakengates
- Wednesday 6 September 2023, 10am - 12noon, departing from Ketley Bank
- Saturday 9 September 2023, 1pm - 3pm, departing from Ketley Bank
- Monday 11 September 2023, 1pm - 3pm, departing from St George’s
- Wednesday 13 September 2023, 10am - 12noon, departing from Oakengates
- Saturday 16 September 2023, 10am - 12noon, departing from Oakengates
- Monday 18 September 2023, 5pm - 7pm, departing from Ketley Bank
- Wednesday 20 September 2023, 5pm - 7pm, departing from St George’s.
Free ride leader and bike maintenance training
There’s even chance to go on a course to learn how to lead group rides or repair bikes - come to one of our Group Led Rides or Community Cycle Events if you are interested in finding out more, or contact our Community Cycling Advice team via KOG@shropshirecyclehub.uk or 07485212320.
Last updated: 23/08/2023 10:17