Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Verbal advice

Providing the principles of development, we offer informal advice from a Planning Officer, free of charge for householder developments only. We offer one verbal advice per site per year.

This service is not available for new dwellings, new or converted annexes or relocation of boundary treatments to enclose additional land.

How to apply

 In order to request informal verbal planning advice you will need to complete the below online form.

To complete this form you will need:

  • your full name
  • your telephone number and email address
  • the address of the site of the proposed development
  • details of the proposed development - location (front/side/rear), the number of storeys, dimensions, distance from boundaries
  • any key issues that should be given to the Planning Officer before the meeting in order to gain the most appropriate use of the time.

Complete our online form to request verbal pre-application

What will be provided

Verbal advice on householder development only without any internal consultation of technical specialists.

This is limited to one telephone call of up to fifteen minutes within 1 working day of all information required being provided. 

Last updated: 18/11/2022 13:25

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact