Telford Town Park and the borough parks have remained open throughout although certain facilities have been closed and some remain closed as a result of the Coronavirus:
- outdoor tennis courts at Bowring, Hartshill and Dawley parks have re-opened
- fishing restrictions have been lifted on all council pools including those in the Town Park
- parks and open spaces will continue to be open for exercising
- play areas, multi-use games areas, skate parks, BMX tracks, cricket squares will all remain closed.
- You can exercise in the open spaces and enjoy the park in accordance with the current social distancing guidance.
- You can sunbathe and picnic within the parks. BBQ’s are not permitted.
- Play areas, visitor centre, high ropes, adventure golf, formal gardens and disc golf will all remain closed.
No catering or toilet facilities are available for public use at this time due to challenges around maintaining social distancing or Covid-19 related guidance.
For Telford Town Park, Dark Lane car park is open. The car park will be free of charge to avoid touchpoints at the ticket machine.
- Bowring park.
- Hartshill park.
- Dawley park.
The courts are free to use and there is no need to book.
The courts are open dawn to dusk.
The two small practice greens at Dawley Park and Bowring Park are open.
For information on club bowling greens at Hartshill Park and Bowring Park, please contact the relevant club.
In response to the anticipated increased demand for the use of parks as a result of the revised government guidance, additional staff have been deployed to monitor use of the larger parks and will help to ensure they are safe and used appropriately.
In addition to this, regular patrols are undertaken by Police Community Support Officers.
Concerns can be reported to staff in the parks or report social distancing concerns through West Mercia Police.
Other park related issues such as environmental issues can be reported to staff or through the Everyday Telford App. There are also specific out of hours numbers on the council website.
In the event of an emergencies the appropriate emergency service should be contacted.
All council owned fishing pools are now open with the following restrictions in place:
- only 1 person must occupy a fishing peg at a time unless they are a family member of the same household
- council staff will be checking safeguards are in place, by making unannounced visits to pools and river banks
- Please follow the Angling Trust guidance at all times
- fishing on Withy Pool in Telford Town Park will be offered free of charge.
Please note: all anglers under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult from the same household and all anglers must hold a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence.
You can exercise outside as often as you wish and you can also sit and rest outside – exercise or recreation can be alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.
You may drive to outdoor publicly accessible open spaces irrespective of distance, but should follow social distancing guidance whilst you are there.