On 11 January 2018 the Telford & Wrekin Council made the formal decision to adopt the Local Plan as a development plan document. The Telford & Wrekin Local Plan sets out the Council’s vision and strategy for the Borough until 2031.
The Plan is the overarching planning policy document for the Borough and forms the basis for decision making process in relation to all planning applications looking forward to 2031, or such a time as it, or elements of it are superseded, whichever comes first.
An electronic version of the adopted Local Plan documents is available to download below:
- download the Adoption Statement Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031
- download the Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031
- download the Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 Policies Map - Borough Wide
- download the Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 Policies Map - Telford
- download the Sustainability Assessment (SA) / Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Adoption Statement
- download the Integrated Appraisal
- download the Integrated Appraisal appendices
- download the Integrated Appraisal - Sustainability Appraisal Addendum Report
- download the Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening Report.
The Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 Policies Map can also be viewed using the interactive map version.
If you encounter any problems downloading the adoption documents please contact the Environment and Planning Policy team on 01952 384241 or email@example.com.
Paper copies of the Adopted Local Plan (2018) are available to purchase at our Wellington Civic Offices. Please enquire by calling 01952 384241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparation of the Telford & Wrekin Local Plan
Prior to its adoption the 2018 Local Plan underwent extensive public consultation, and was subject to an examination in public as part of its preparation. Further information about this process and documents submitted can be found under the Examination Library. During November 2017, the Council received the Planning Inspectors report and the Local Plan was found 'sound' subject to modifications.
The Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 was submitted on 30 June 2016 to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination, in accordance with Section 22 of The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012. Planning Inspector Mr Michael J Hetherington BSc (Hons) MA MRTPI MCIEEM was appointed to examine the Local Plan.
The examination hearings of the Telford & Wrekin Local Plan were held during January and February 2017.
View the Examination Library page for details of the submitted documents, supporting evidence and comments made during the examination.
To view previous consultations please visit the Planning Policy Consultation Portal.
For the avoidance of doubt the new Local Plan replaces the following planning documents:
- download the Core Strategy (2007)
- download the saved policies from the Wrekin Local Plan (2000)
- download the saved policies from the Central Telford Area Action Plan (2011)
- download the saved policies from the Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Minerals Local Plan (2000)
- download the saved policies from the Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Joint Structure Plan (2002).
These documents will be retained on the Council’s website as historic reference information for the foreseeable future.
Last updated: 06/05/2022 12:00